TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR RENTAL OF CLAYTON COTTAGE, NORTHUMBERLAND. We have made every effort to provide a well maintained, safe and lovely holiday cottage – in a beautiful part of Northumberland. We want to you to enjoy your stay, tell your friends and return again! As we are advertising our cottage world-wide as a holiday rental property, we need to provide some terms and conditions which ensure that all our ‘clients’ or visitors to Clayton Cottage understand their responsibilities. Any worries or concerns please call us.
1. RESERVATION DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT OF BALANCE: The reservation deposit is payable (normally £100 / week booked) with the completed booking form. The full balance is payable no later than six weeks prior to the date of arrival.
2. CANCELLATIONS: If the balance of the sum as shown on the booking form remains unpaid six weeks prior to the arrival date, we reserve the right to cancel the cottage booking, and in this event the deposit will be forfeited. If the client cancels after the booking is confirmed, the deposit will be forfeited. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing by the person who signed the booking form. If the client cancels within six weeks prior to the arrival date or should the client not show for any reason, the entire amount paid will be forfeited unless an alternative booking can be secured for that week.
3. UNAVOIDABLE CHANGES: We reserve the right in any reasonable circumstances to cancel the booking and in this event we will return all sums (but without interest or compensation). In the event of a major change to the booking being necessary, we will inform the client as soon as is reasonably possible, and if the client does not wish to accept the booking on this basis we will cancel the booking and return all sums (but without interest or compensation).
4. AVAILABILITY: Unless otherwise agreed the cottage will be available for occupation from 4.00pm on the first day of rental and must be vacated by 10.00am on the last day of rental. The owners shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
5. LIABILITY: We the owners of the cottage accept no responsibility whatsoever for personal injury, accidents, loss or damage to persons or personal effects however caused. We accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any loss or damage or alteration to the terms of the booking caused by events beyond the owners control including adverse weather conditions, war, civil commotion, fire, flood or industrial dispute. The owners shall not be liable to the client for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public or private services to the cottage. Under no circumstances shall the owners’ liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the owner for the rental period.
6. SAFETY, SECURITY AND MAINTENANCE: The owners or their caretakers reserve the right to enter the cottage at any time for whatever reason. We would of course always try and contact you first if this was during your stay. We have installed and maintain 2x smoke alarms and 1x CO2 alarm and have also fitted 2 stair rails and a thermostatic shower over the bath with hand rails for your general safety and wellbeing.
7. ACCOMMODATION: Only the persons shown on the booking form are permitted to stay overnight in the cottage.
8. PRICE GUARANTEE: The price of renting the cottage is fully guaranteed and no surcharges will be added to the cost shown on the booking form.
9. WEBSITE or LEAFLET or OTHER DESCRIPTIONS: All website and marketing descriptions are made in good faith and every care is taken to ensure their accuracy, but no liability will be accepted in the event of any error.
10. CONTRACT: This contract is governed by and shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and the parties hereto shall both submit to the jurisdiction of English courts.
11. CONSIDERATION: The client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the holiday cottage and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The owner reserves the right to surcharge the client in the event that the holiday cottage is left in an unacceptable condition at the end of the rental period. The client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those residents in neighbouring cottages.
12. INSURANCE: Clients are advised that no personal insurance cover, including cancellation insurance, is included with the booking of the cottage. Any insurance which the client may require should be taken out by the client. Standard holiday home and contents cover is in place.